Senior Management Changes
01 March 2021
Great Portland Estates plc (GPE) is pleased to announce a number of senior management changes:
- Janine Cole has been promoted and will join the GPE Executive Committee as Sustainability & Social Impact Director on 29 March 2021. Having joined GPE’s health, safety and environmental team in 1998, she was appointed Head of Sustainability in 2011 and subsequently Director of Sustainability and Community in 2019. Janine has been instrumental in driving our sustainability and community initiatives including our commitment to become a Net Zero carbon business by 2030 and the recent launch of our innovative Decarbonisation Fund.
- Darren Lennark has been appointed as General Counsel & Company Secretary, having joined GPE in September 2019 as interim Company Secretary. Darren has a wealth of legal and governance experience developed across numerous sectors. After spending 10 years as a corporate lawyer at CMS Cameron McKenna LLP, Darren joined Tesco plc in 2011 where he was Deputy Company Secretary and interim Group Company Secretary before becoming Group Company Secretary at Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc in 2017.
Four further changes have been made to the senior management team;
- Alexis George has been appointed as Head of Health and Safety. Having worked both in health and safety consultancy and across varied property portfolios, Alexis brings considerable technical knowledge and experience to our business.
- Rebecca Bradley joins as Head of Property Services, with responsibility for strengthening services delivery across the portfolio, bringing experience from technology and flexible office businesses.
- Lisa Day has been appointed as Head of Occupier Services. Lisa has been with GPE for some 15 years and in her new role is responsible for enhancing occupier experience within our portfolio.
- Anisha Patel has been appointed as Head of Marketing. Following a variety of roles at Workspace plc, Apple and Virgin Media, Anisha brings deep and relevant multi-channel marketing strategy skills to the team.
Toby Courtauld Chief Executive
As we broaden and deepen our offer to our occupiers, sustainability and social impact considerations are increasingly important in our strategic thinking and business activities and so Janine’s experience will be invaluable to the Executive Committee. With their proven skills and extensive knowledge, Alexis, Rebecca, Lisa, Anisha and Darren will add greatly to GPE and we are delighted to have them in these important roles
Following the publication of our Roadmap to Net Zero in November 2020, we will be hosting a virtual Capital Markets event on Wednesday 3rd March 2021, 2.00pm – 3.15pm to provide greater insight into our approach to sustainability and our Net Zero Carbon commitment. Details of how to join can be found at www.gpe.co.uk
Pursuant to LR 9.6.11(R), as part of the above management changes, Janine Cole will report to Toby Courtauld on Sustainability matters and Nick Sanderson, Chief Financial and Operating Officer, will assume reporting line responsibility for New Business activities. There are no changes to the existing composition of the Board or any other changes to the Executive Committee resulting from these appointments.