Employee health and wellbeing is vital to GPE’s overall success. Our people are what set us apart and we acknowledge the significant amount of time that they spend at work.
We believe that working in a positive environment is essential for maintaining overall health and wellbeing. By doing what we can to champion a healthy and positive work environment, we believe this can contribute to our employees achieving a great quality of life overall.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and supportive working environment; one that is inclusive and encourages personal development.
Our approach incorporates standard offerings for everyone and also encourages people to get involved and tell us what more we could be doing.
Our standard offerings include:
- Excellent private health insurance including a comprehensive dental plan
- Access to useful wellbeing information (platforms which supply practical tools and information to assist employees across a number of areas)
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which includes 24x7 access to trained counsellors for employees and family members
- Trained mental health first aiders across all departments. These people are on hand to speak to for anyone are experiencing emotional distress or mental health issues
- Health and Wellbeing workshops/seminars
- Preventive health measures (Flu jabs, proactive screenings);
- Opportunities to volunteer and get involved with the community through our charity partners
- Social & Sporting opportunities (team and company-wide) throughout the year
- Access to training and development opportunities to enhance skills and support career growth
Additionally, we encourage people to get actively involved and tell us what they think, either directly through our regular engagement/pulse surveys (two times per year) or through one of our active forums:
- We have an employee led Health & Wellbeing Impact Group which is part of a broader Diversity & Inclusion initiative to encourage people to come together on areas of mutual interest. This group plans and organises a number of events throughout the year, bringing awareness to important issues related to mental health, physical health, and the general wellbeing of our colleagues.
- We have a Health & Safety Committee; a forum for employees and management to combine efforts to resolve health and safety issues, to support the prevention of injury and sickness, whilst increasing awareness and developing strategies in making GPE a healthy and safe workplace.
- We have an Inclusion Committee, comprised of employees across all areas of our business, who oversee activities and initiatives aimed at strengthening and embedding our inclusive culture.